Customers who own the transformer vault or transformer yard located on their property are responsible for its regular inspection and maintenance. In the interest of public safety, Alectra Utilities restricts access by placing locks on transformer vault doors and transformer yard gates so that only authorized personnel have access to these areas that contain high voltage electrical equipment.
When access is required for Vaults in Mississauga, the customer shall contact Alectra Utilities at 905-283-4120 to make appropriate arrangements. Alectra Utilities will provide vault and yard owners with an entry once per year, per location, up to a 1 hour appointment, at no charge. Should additional access or isolation of the electrical equipment be required, the costs incurred by Alectra Utilities in accommodating the vault owner’s request will be charged to the vault owner.
Please note that:
- If work is required within 3.0m of energized equipment, an additional work plan must be developed with the customer/owner/contractor (such as the construction of barriers, or a scheduled electrical isolation of the area). The costs incurred by Alectra Utilities in accommodating the customer/owner/contractor’s request will be charged to the customer/owner/contractor.
- Only non-conductive (i.e. fiberglass) equipment will be allowed in the vault (i.e. ladders, extension poles, etc…)
The customer is responsible for maintaining its property in a condition that is safe and that does not inhibit the operation or threaten the reliability of equipment or infrastructure owned by the customer or Alectra Utilities. The customer’s responsibility to maintain its property includes, but is not limited to:
- Keeping vault doors and transformer yard gates in good repair
- Clearing vegetation
- Removing debris
- Maintaining proper grading and surfaces
- Keeping storm drains clear and drainage systems fully functional
- Maintaining operational and electrical clearances
For more information, please refer to section 1.7 of Enersource’s Conditions of Service.